Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Keep going play in my life


Last weekend, I needed to stay in the library to prepare exam, presentation end of a semester, so I was so sad because there was warm weather and beautiful sunshine in outside. I felt like I needed to heal my depression, so I stopped entrance into the library. Instead of it, I decided to talk a walk along the outside. I just was strolling along with grass, flowers, and trees. I lean against a tree, took a look at spring flowers, smelled the scent of flowers or grass, and lay on the grass.

Since I took this seminar course about Play, I always have thinking about what is the meaning of play, what play do have function in our life. If I didn’t take thins seminar course, I don’t have opportunities to think about these issues sincerely. I just thought play is for children. After grown up, adults no longer need to play in their life, even I felt some guilty during playing because I though play might waste of time. However, I figure out it just overt thought to adapt socialization into South Korea. It’s not my mind. Rather, I’m trying to search what I do play, how I can heal my mind from stressful situations. These days, there is becoming an issue of conversation in South Korea: HEALING! The various books about healing are one of the best sellers. Most Koreans have efforts to find some places, foods to heal them. For a long time, they just have kept calm outwardly; however they really want to heal their life by playing.  For example, I could feel that play might be as a role in healing, refresh, and remind joyful memory. It makes affluent my life, not waste of life. I really hope lots of Korean can have opportunities to know beneficial of play in their life, like as me.

Moreover, I figured out that I prefer outdoor play. Even though it is not physical play, I prefer outdoor play which is being close to nature. Staying with nature would give breathe of mind, peace of mind. It became clear to me why I prefer outdoor play closing to nature, why I play, or what does mean of play in my life. It’s HEALING!


1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful, Hyojin. I hope that being in this course has taught all of us of the 'healing' power of taking time to balance our crazy, busy lives with play and playful pursuits. If nothing else, I believe it has made us all more mindful that we NEED to try to achieve time and space in our lives for it -- for our mind, bodies, and souls to have respite and to become revitalized. I love the idea of framing it in the context of 'healing' and maybe contributing to the Korean discussion the notions of play -- for adults and children -- as critical to healing.

    ReplyDelete