Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Follow your instincts and do whatever you really want to play

Last weekend, it was great weather with warm and sunshine. Even though I had to do work much, I went Nashville with my friends. We walked alongside with beautiful trees and flowers and looked around various crafts. My friend said “I don’t want to hang out! I just wanna stay at the library because I have responsibility to deal with many of stuffs. I didn’t wanna feel guilty during playing outside. However, now I’m so exciting haha ! What is guilty?” The other friend said “That’s what I’m saying! The beautiful sunshine and warm weather make me hang out. It’s not my faults!” we sympathize that good weather made us relax to play, even we’re in busy days. Is it reasonable that comfortable atmosphere or fantastic nature environment could stimulus people to play? It’s possible that free environments or peaceful nature would provide relaxing spaces to play. Relaxing atmospheres seems to good match to PLAY, not work. For example, if you are working with feeling relaxed, it might be PLAY to you, no longer work.
In addition, to make decisions on whether we play or not, we were more depending on emotional thoughts rather than intellectual ways. Does play is related to emotion or sensitivity, rather than reason or rationality? Play seems to be related to emotional thoughts and sensitivity. To hang out and play, we could never think rationally, but we tried to rationalization why we have to play even though we have bunch of working. At that time, we seemed to fall under somebody’s spell. Also, play seems to be self-defense opposite to stressful situations.  Within stressful end of a week, we instinctually tried to find the reason why we can hang out and play outside. A desire to play is just instinct of human to survive our lives. You can see how much we devoted to instinct!  









1 comment:

  1. You had what we call in English, "Spring Fever," which hits when after a long, cold dreary gray-sky winter finally breaks and your body just screams -- "GO OUTSIDE AND ENJOY!" I bet you have a similar 'illness' in Korea :)

    You bring up a great point about the feeling/emotion versus the rational/thinking aspects of play. In fact, think back to that first week when Dianna and I told you all you HAD to play for 30 minutes a week, minimum. People in the class had a hard time with it, maybe you did too? It's because people were 'over thinking' it, I think, instead of making it just be a healthy reaction to a need, a desire, a whim even.

    Interesting -- looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete